Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 8 Facebook

My family has been trying to get me on facebook for months. Last month, I gave in and signed up and now I'm kinda addicted. Not only have I reconnected with family located all over the US, but I've found a few friends that I'd lost touch with. I have also been "friended" by some incredible children's authors...Jane Yolen, Bruce Coville, Doug Cushman, Meg Cabot, Eric Kimmel, and Jan Peck; to name just a few. I love reading their posts about the writing process and the glimpses into their lives as individuals.

I set up several files for my friends; family, work friends, favorite authors, high school alum, and friends. It makes it easy to keep in touch with new postings at the click of a button. Last year, my Dad passed away from brain cancer. I felt so alone with my family spread out all over. Being able to stay in touch even though everyone is so far and busy, is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment